Please join with us in praying for The Boathouse Church, Putney, now led by David Lee…
Give thanks to God for:
- How he has sustained the Boathouse church family through a difficult couple of years in which Ben Shaw (their previous pastor) has been battling cancer (https://co-mission.org/prayernews/why-the-resurrection-matters-to-a-pastor-fighting-cancer/). Praise God for the faith, hope and love they have shown and experienced in this challenging time.
- A series of three online events that explored the Bible’s answer to some of the questions of lockdown life. Thank God that the Christian faith brings hope even in a global pandemic and for the church family and guests who came to listen, discuss and question during these events.
- How the adult Sunday service has been able to meet in person since the start of the year (having not done so since the previous March). Thank God that the school they meet in is willing to have them and for the technical expertise in the congregation that means they can stream services for those who are shielding.
- Our online Sunday school. Particularly praise God for Sunday school leaders who are working hard to make the sessions engaging over Zoom; for attentive children; and that the gospel isn’t constrained by technical limitations.
Please pray for:
- Our Easter events. Pray that our family Easter Egg-travaganza on Good Friday would engage local families with the good news of Easter; that our Good Friday meditations would be a real encouragement to our church family; and that our all-age Easter Sunday service would be a wonderful celebration of the resurrection.
- Our ongoing evangelism. Pray for energy and boldness as we seek to share the gospel with friends, family, colleagues and neighbours; and for opportunities, especially as restrictions ease, to connect with people in Putney we don’t yet know and to speak to them of Jesus. Please pray that God would lead us to those in whom he’s working.
- Our summer sermon series looking at meals with Jesus in Luke’s gospel. Pray that as we look forward to enjoying one another’s hospitality again relatively soon, we would be excited by our King who invites us to feast with him at his table.
- Ben Shaw and his wife, Karen, in his ongoing battle with cancer. Pray for precious time with friends and family, now that they have moved back home to Australia, and that God would work through the chemotherapy he’s receiving to bring healing.