Pray for St Augustine’s Wembley Park
7 September 2023
Please join with us in praying for a new church revitalisation project at St Augustine’s Wembley Park, led by Scott Furey...
Our church grafting team
- Praise God that 23 adults are definitely committed to joining us, but please pray the Lord would provide 30 adults by the launch of our new 4 p.m. service on 24 September.
- Give thanks for the way the team is bonding as we approach this launch date. Pray for the strengthening of relationships and that we would feel increasingly like a church family.
- Pray for those stepping into new roles and feeling exposed in a small team. Pray we would be relying on God’s strength and serving joyfully. Pray also for patience and grace with one another.
The Wembley Park area
- Pray that those living on the new development would have a spiritual hunger.
- Pray that we would connect with the 2000+ students who live in student accommodation on Wembley Park.
- Please pray too for us to connect with the diversity of cultures around us, and to have boldness and wisdom in reaching across those cultural barriers.
Scott Furey and his family
- Praise God that Scott and his wife, Sharon, are enjoying doing more ministry together! Please pray that they’d establish good patterns of prayer as a couple and for the church.
- Scott is already feeling the extra responsibility of this new ministry, especially in terms of the admin involved in running the building etc. Pray that he would have the right priorities (prayer and God’s word!) and possibly some extra ops support.
- Give thanks that Scott and Sharon’s boys have settled well and are enjoying getting to know people at St Augustine’s. Please pray that there would soon be some other families and friends their age. Give thanks too for confirmed school places for the boys and pray that would be a great way to make connections.