Pray for Shaftesbury Christian Centre
7 September 2023
Please join with us in praying for a new church graft from The Bridge Battersea into Shaftesbury Christian Centre on the Doddington Estate.
Give thanks for:
- Gospel partnership across Co-Mission! The Bridge Battersea is in no way a ‘planting church’ if this was a solo project. But through collaboration across Co-Mission, this revitalisation and gospel opportunity has become viable.
- The opportunity to publicise this new initiative at Revive. Without this, finding people interested to join the church graft was quite piecemeal. However, off the back of the pitch at Revive, a good handful got in contact and have come to vision evenings. Praise God for godly and zealous believers wanting to be workers for the harvest fields.
- Lewis Brunt, a passionate young guy from St Michael’s, who has been employed to kickstart this ministry and mission.
- Relationships with the existing church. They have been warm and supportive so far, but church and ministry will look very different to what they’re used to from 24 September (our relaunch date). Some have already expressed wariness of a number of theological differences. Therefore pray for us to have courage to hold to our convictions; wisdom on navigating change and the speed of it; and humility to learn where we can. Please pray too for there to be real unity and love among the existing congregation and those incoming (especially within the leadership).
- Those joining from other Co-Mission churches to be excited in joining this cross-cultural mission opportunity. Pray too for Christ’s love to compel the sacrifices of those giving up Sunday mornings or leaving existing churches, friendships etc for this new church experience. We would also appreciate prayer for a few more of those interested in being around to commit to the graft as their own church, so that this might be sustained and viable longer term.
- Us to ultimately reach for Christ the 5000+ people on the two local estates. Pray for workers for the harvest field to reach them, and a working of the Spirit through the preaching of the gospel to save hell-bound sinners into a redeemed, multi-cultural family.