Please join with us in praying for New Life Church Catford, led by Zim Okoli and Remi Adedire…
Give thanks to God for:
- An online, three-week Christianity Explored course we ran in January in partnership with a few south-east London churches (Grace Church Brockley, Grace Church Sydenham, Honor Oak Christian Fellowship and Mosaic Multicultural Church). Thank God that from each church a couple or more non-Christians guests attended. Pray those who came would be converted this year as we keep engaging with them.
- The continued good attitude of our church family in engaging with online church provision during lockdown.
- The church family also being highly engaged with our Week of Prayer at the end of January. We sense God used this to prepare us to persevere spiritually during the third lockdown.
- Two women who started regularly attending online church recently. Pray they stick with it despite the oddness of joining a new church on Zoom, although we thank God they’ve felt warmly welcomed. One of the women has a large family and we think this could be a great boost to existing families in our church in terms of companionship.
- Linda Allcock (of Globe Church) who spoke at our Parents’ Seminar on 6 March, addressing the topic of ‘Shepherding a child’s heart and development’. She was a great help to parents feeling at times overwhelmed with attending to their children’s spiritual well-being in these odd times of lockdown.
Please pray for:
- Us to be able to return very soon to meeting physically on Sundays and centrally midweek. We know a lot is out of our control, but pray for good outcomes from conversations with our venues. One of the difficulties for us is that our Sunday venue is a cinema, but they are willing to consider possibilities that allow them to keep shut as a cinema while opening solely for worship.
- Mental energy and spiritual resilience for pastors Zim and Remi, our other elders and our church family. The monotony and restricted social contact of lockdown can be discouraging and demotivating.
- A baptism service on 21 March (postponed twice since March 2020). We’ve managed to secure a one-off venue for this. Please pray all the logistics and covid precautions run smoothly, and this would be used wonderfully by God to encourage us all in the faith we profess.
- Each of us to be feeding on Christ in this season of journeying to the cross, and that out of joy we’ll be seeking relational opportunities to speak of Christ crucified and risen. Pray we might be able to have an Easter service (God-willing in person) that both encourages us and proclaims Christ to non-Christian guests.