Pray for the Kids and Youth teams:
• Give thanks for the confirmed leads and co-leads for each of the Kids and Youth programmes. Please pray for them as they work together and plan for each group.
• Pray for each group as they plan the teaching material from Jonah alongside the adults in the big top.
• Please pray for more kids and youth leaders to help on Team REVIVE this year and give thanks for the teams that are starting to form from those who have booked. We are really grateful to people giving their time and energy to help make these groups happen.
• Pray for the kids and young people booked on (around 430). Would this be an encouraging and uplifting weekend for them.
Pray for Co‑Mission
Pray for the Kids and Youth teams:
Pray for the Logistics team:
• Give thanks for the number of bookings so far, and the enthusiasm and joy of the Churches in wanting to attend REVIVE. Pray that bookings would continue to rise and that everyone who wants to would be able to attend. Pray that we would be able to make REVIVE accessible for all.
• Give thanks for good relationships with suppliers, particularly the University of Kent, and pray that God would continue to bless those as we get closer to the time and help us be good partners with them and all our suppliers.
• Pray for more bookings onto Team REVIVE and that congregations would feel equipped and would like to serve at REVIVE, and we would be prepared and ready to support them.
Pray for the main speakers as they think about and plan their talks in Jonah:
• Pray for God to make them ‘pens in his hand’ for the good of his people - with time, energy and health to prepare well
• Pray for real conviction of truth for our speakers
• Pray for one another coming, for a readiness to hear God speak and the opportunity to live out what we learn
Please join with us in praying for Becontree Church, led by Rob Newham…
Give thanks to God that:
- 31 of us are booked on for REVIVE – Co-Mission’s big weekend away. See you there!
- Our two performances of the Mark Drama went really well, with many inviting family and friends.
- Some of our men have been able to support another local church with preaching.
- Our pastors/planters were able to meet for two days, at High Leigh Conference Centre, to pray, praise Jesus and have Him speak to us.
- Tom (our ministry trainee) who is serving on the 8–11s team at Word Alive. He’s giving the final morning talk on the Great Commission on Thursday 14 April.
- Our ‘Big Words’ series happening on Sundays in the lead-up to Easter. This is looking at the big words ending in ‘shun’ that explain what Jesus accomplished at Easter.
- Continued wisdom, and the time needed, over decisions regarding the venue where the church will be meeting in future.
Please join with us in praying for Hope Church Sutton, led by Tim Saunders …
Please pray for our outreach over Easter:
- The Mark Drama – a dramatisation of Mark’s Gospel – happening on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 April with Grace Church Worcester Park and Cheam Baptist Church.
- A high-street service on Good Friday.
- A service on Easter Sunday.
- Hope Explored – a course looking at the life, death and resurrection of Jesus – running the following three Sundays.
We are also looking to start up another service, so would appreciate prayers for wisdom about and facilities for this.
Please join with us in praying for Redeemer Queen’s Park, a church plant led by Thomas West…
Emotional health: Thomas is teaching a series called Soul Care which is digging into topics such as envy, depression, anxiety, fear, anger, shame, grief and joy. Please pray that God would heal, comfort and save.
Outreach: We have a few church partners who are currently helping with our outreach in the neighbourhoods of north-west London. We’re dropping flyers through doors, praying, and having conversations about Jesus and the local church. Pray that people would connect with Jesus and Redeemer Queen’s Park.
Church membership: We’re in conversations with seven adults who would like to join. Pray that God would add to our number.
Stewardship and generosity: God has been kind in putting generosity into the hearts of our members. Pray that God would continue to build His church and fund the work of the gospel in London through Redeemer.
Ashlyn Portero: Ashlyn, a long-time friend and supporter of the work here at Redeemer, is moving from Tallahassee to join our team later this month in a part-time capacity. She’ll oversee aspects of our discipleship, leadership development, and partnerships. Pray that Ashlyn would settle well and be an effective team member.
Children’s worker: We’re looking for someone to come in and take over our kids’ ministry. Pray that God would connect us with the right person in the next couple of months.
Transitions: Redeemer is feeling the loss of members who have moved, and will move, in the days ahead. Pray that God would help friends and families relocate well, and provide comfort for Redeemer as we carry on in mission and ministry here in London.
A place to call home: We’re beginning to earnestly pray and look for a building. Pray that God would make connections and open doors for Redeemer to have a place to meet weekly and call home.
Fruit: Our team recently distributed 3,500 flyers and had loads of conversations about Jesus and the local church. In the last few months we’ve seen two more professions of faith. Pray that God would cause people to consider Jesus and save souls in the months ahead.
We’ll be sharing prayer requests from Co-Mission regularly on the PrayerMate app. If you use PrayerMate, please subscribe to the Co-Mission feed using the link: praynow4.org/co-mission or the QR code and keep our mission to reach the lost of London with the gospel of Christ in the forefront of your praying life.