Co-Mission is seeking to appoint an experienced full-time Church planter to launch and grow a church plant in London for the Co-Mission Network of churches in London. We are looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated team players experienced in pastoral and pioneering ministry in an urban context.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Co-Mission is an exciting church-planting network: a growing family of Reformed Evangelical churches whose aim is by God’s grace to assist in evangelising London by planting and strengthening churches. It now comprises 25 churches planted into a wide variety of social contexts, two lunchtime ministries to city professionals and parliamentarians, and developed church planting and ministry training schemes.
Our prayer is that we might glorify God by planting many more gospel churches to make disciples from all nations for Christ. We share the prayerful aspiration to be pioneering in mission, training with scripture and diversifying in culture.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Co-Mission is seeking church planter to work full time in a pioneering church setting. As part of the Co-Mission church planting network and under the oversight of the Director of Church Planting, to plant and establish a new church(es) within London and to ensure the spiritual growth of those attending the church through regular Bible teaching and spiritual care.
As Church planters your key responsibilities will be:
- Recruit a core team to be part of a church plant
- Responsible for spiritual and pastoral care within the church
- Regular Bible preaching and talks on Sundays and throughout the week with the aim of proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Regular leading of worship on a Sunday and special religious occasions
- Recruitment and oversight of volunteers within the church to lead ministries e.g. children’s work, youth work, senior citizens ministry
- Developing church ministries and missionary outreach to the local community
- Liaising with other local churches in the area partnering together where appropriate
- Oversight of operations including timings, location, social media etc.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Trained to degree level or above in theology or significant religious ministry experience
- Strong understanding and knowledge of mission work (particularly within an international setting)
- Strong desire to serve, support and strengthen the Co-Mission network (staff, churches, and church members) through church planting and religious activities.
- Genuine passion for and interest in local church planting.
- Familiarity with evangelical networks in the UK, and further afield.
- An understanding of church planting networks in London (including Co-Mission), the UK, and further afield.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Apps / Suite, and an aptitude for learning and adopting new digital technology that supports mission work and community involvement.
- Able to effectively teach the Bible and lead worship in a church
- Proven ability to train members of staff
- Proven ability to disciple lay members
- Able to lead and motivate a team of staff and volunteers
- Able to work among a diverse group of people
- Proven ability to handle pastoral situations with sensitivity and wisdom
- Proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a variety of media
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organisation skills, able to work accurately under pressure.
- Self-motivated, with an innovative and pioneering mindset
- Working in a pressurised environment
- Experience of starting and/or growing a ministry (within a church or missional context)
- Raising funds from within and beyond the local church
As part of your employment, you are also expected to:
- Comply with the Co-Mission Staff Protocols
- Deepen your relationship with God through personal prayer and Bible study
- Promote & uphold the reputation of Co-Mission and to support its church planting vision
- It is an occupational requirement that the successful candidate is a Christian and is in full agreement with the Co-Mission statement of faith