Our hope is that this would be a 3 year appointment. But we would also welcome applications from
those considering a shorter timescale.
Purpose of appointment
- To exercise a ministry of prayer and the word alongside the Minister of Grace Church.
- To develop and strengthen the evangelistic outreach of Grace Church
- To oversee the existing ministries to children and young people in the life of Grace Church
- To be directly responsible on a day to day basis to the Minister in Charge, Revd Philip Sudell
- To play a full part in the leadership teams of the ministries that they are part of. This role is
seen as having a collaborative responsibility together with the other leaders of these
- To undertake a regular termly review of the post with the minister and designated members
of the Grace Church Council
- To preach and lead at main services on a regular basis
- To have a particular responsibility for evangelistic outreach in the life of the church. Both in
planning events but also in training and equipping in this area. Looking to develop our existing
outreach to local families and young people and through CAP but also look to develop
outreach amongst other groups
- Together with other the leadership teams to oversee Grace Church’s ministry to children and
- To be a member/leader of a midweek group
- To maintain a close personal walk with God through personal bible study and prayer
- To attend Co-Mission Assistant Staff Training Workshops where appropriate
- As an evangelical Christian in a leadership position, it is necessary for you to be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of, and aptitude in expository preaching, basic systematics and biblical theology.
- Experience of, and aptitude in teaching the Bible in small group setting.
- Experience of, and aptitude in one-to-one discipleship.
- Experience of, and aptitude in personal evangelism.
- Personal repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.
- Desire to deepen your relationship with God through personal prayer and Bible study.
- Growing in maturity as a Christian disciple and leader.
- Self-motivation and ability to manage own workload, organising projects and personal
- A willingness to assent to the Co-Mission network (of which we are a part) statement of faith